Attended the God of Mathematics class
I attended the special lecture held at the University of Tokyo’s Komaba campus today.
It was a lecture and a get-together between two Fields Prize winners, who are known as Nobel Prize winners in mathematics. For me, who was studying mathematics, it was a god, and I had a chance to take a two-shot photo, but I was too proud to do so, so I stopped it.
Professor Martin Hairer (Imperial College London/Austria), Year 1975
Fields Prize for achievement in probabilistic partial differential theory
Professor Andrei Okounkov (Colombia University/Russian), Year 1969
Fields Award for Achievement in Probability, Expression, and Algebraic Geometry
- Both of them were very friendly and very energetic, writing mathematical expressions on the blackboard and discussing them during the social gathering.Especially, the two of you had a lot of discussion, so I wonder what the content is.
- Mathematics is the absolute truth. It is also the foundation of computer science and AI.Learning linear algebra and calculus is popular in AI, but I felt that our company should contribute to the spread of mathematics in a broader sense.In order to make it possible for those in the humanities who are particularly allergic to mathematics to become more proficient in mathematics, I would like to test market small events as Team AI and consider developing a tool for spreading mathematics as an offline online service.As data analysis continues to spread, there is no doubt that mathematics will become important year by year.
- I have a degree in mathematics, but my knowledge has been rusted by my long years of liberal arts work. I don’t think I’m old enough to go back to academia to study, but I thought it would be good to deepen my understanding of hands-on mathematics through this event. I would like to increase my expertise by interweaving video courses, magazines, books, events, seminars, tutors, etc.
- I have more friends at the University of Tokyo recently, so I have several acquaintances at this event. A Fields and Nobel Prize-winning scholar comes here several times a year! Therefore, I would like to participate in these global meetings from time to time to straighten up. Let’s go together if you are interested.The university I went to in Kansai didn’t have this kind of global opportunity. After all, Tokyo University is great.
- As I learned this time, the largest academic conference in mathematics is the International Conference on Mathematicians (ICM).Next, in Brazil in 2018, the Fields Prize will be announced at this meeting once every 4 years. I’m going to make a summary of the output of each year next time. It seems to be good to trace the history of modern mathematics.(Wikipedia: International Congress of Mathematicians)
Kiara, a highly accurate Slack app with real-time translation
Kiara Translator is a multilingual translation tool that makes communication between teams in Slack easier and more efficient.
Click here for a free 14-day trial.