Don’t you think the company will go well if the CEO is foolish?
Personality and vision rather than the brain
Of course, if the CEO is too stupid, the company will go bankrupt.
So he/she needs to be smarter than a certain level.
On the other hand, from my experience, I think that the CEO and the boss who think they are smart are bad. Such bosses may lose sight of their surroundings and force irrational opinions on their subordinates.
So if you want to follow a certain number of organizations, isn’t it better for the organization to focus on virtue, personality and vision rather than focusing on intelligence?
Genio means “genius” in Italian
I was stationed in Milan, Italy, for 3 years when I was at Itochu Corporation, so I wanted to make the name of the company in Italian.
I was a big believer in Steve Jobs, so I chose Jenio (J for Genio + Japan in Italian), which means genius, after Apple’s Genius Bar.Because of this name, I am now engaged in a very enjoyable job of deepening discussions with the “genius engineer” who are the masters of artificial intelligence.
The our company staff is also filled with excellent people every day, and fortunately we have created a situation where it is better to leave it to the autonomy of the members.
After all, in order to work with a higher-level person, the management style of pressing from the top is not good.
I feel that it is the CEO’s responsibility to design an environment and structure that will enable employees to play active roles in their fields of expertise.As I wrote in my blog the other day, I was shocked when I met “world’s top entrepreneurs” in San Francisco in 2015, and am aiming to enter the US market.
I am still a frog in the small Japanese well. I feel ashamed of my level, and every day I strive to compete with world-class entrepreneurs one day.
That’s right. I am the stupid CEO of the title.
I think the name Jenio is correct in terms of future direction.
Try to have a Buddhist style of management, take a step back from one’s subordinates
Here are some examples that I can agree with.
Even among famous charismatic managers, there are seniors who run large organizations with their heads down.
(Of course, the following winners have nothing to do with the title “Stupid CEO. “”)
- In his early recruitment, Mr. Nanba, the founder of DeNA, looked down from the bottom and said, “I am very troubled now. Please, I want you to help me!” rather than emphasizing his own intelligence. (From her book, “the clumsy management”)
- Mr. Deguchi, the founder of Lifenet Life, says, “Humans are so small. There is no comparison in the first place. So the boss shouldn’t be bossy.” (From his books and lectures)
- Mr. Fujita, the founder of Cyber Agent, said, “He is genius at getting better people to help one with his work” (Opinion of ex- Cyber Agent employee)
- Mr. Seto, the founder of RISAP Holdings, has a very good corporate culture, saying “I’m an idiot.” and thanks to that, excellent employees can work freely. (Opinions of Members)
- The grave marker of the American millionaire Del Carnegie says, “The genius who entrusts the work to the person who is superior to himself, sleep here” (From his book)
Strive for Obama’s style of cooperative leadership rather than Trump’s top-down style
As the name “Jenio” suggests, our company would like to create an organization and environment in which genius can call in and work freely.
As the CEO of the company, I think it would be a good idea to look at the activities of such geniuses with a smile and walk behind the employees.
In Buddhism, there is a word “mantra,” and when ITOCHU formulated its marketing strategy for fashion brands, it debated and considered this mantra, the brand’s mission statement that is repeated 1000 times like Nenbutsu.
The mantra of Jenio Inc. is the name itself.
We strongly believe that if we recite “Jenio,” “Jenio,” and “Jenio” every day, we can ultimately become an organization that supports geniuses “Jenio” in and out of the company and around the world.
Kiara, a highly accurate Slack app with real-time translation
Kiara Translator is a multilingual translation tool that makes communication between teams in Slack easier and more efficient.
Click here for a free 14-day trial.
＼ Start your 14 day trial ／